Looking for Employment in Altona?
Now Hiring: RPGA Building Inspector
The RPGA Planning District, comprised of the Town of Altona and the Municipality of Rhineland, is looking for an experienced, solution-oriented individual to fill the full-time, permanent position of Building Inspector.
Reporting to the Manager, the Building Inspector will review and approve building permits, inspect and complete reports on construction, alterations, repairs or renovations to ensure compliance with the approved construction plans, Manitoba Building Code, the RPGA Development Plan and Building By-law and any applicable municipal by-laws.
The successful applicant must have:
- Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ broad experience in the construction industry
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- A desire and willingness to obtain further education and training as needed for the role (by-law enforcement, residential Part 9 and commercial part 3 building inspection, etc.)
- A familiarity with administration and enforcement of development plans, zoning by-laws, building by-laws and municipal by-laws
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with the public, primarily with contractors, trades and engineers
- A Demonstrated ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications; prepare legible, concise and accurate reports, correspondence and sketches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team
The following experience and qualifications will be considered assets for this position:
- Completion of building inspection certificate training courses recognized by the Manitoba Building Officials’ Association (MBOA)
The starting salary will be $60,000 - $68,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Part 3 certified applicants will be compensated on a higher scale. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements. The position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is selected. We thank all that apply however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates being considered will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
For a complete job description or to apply (submit resume and cover letter), contact:
Phone: (204) 324-5357 ext 3
Beyond the desire for beautiful surroundings and room to grow is the basic need to support yourself and your family. If you’re looking for a job, you’ve certainly come to the right place! With an unemployment rate of only 4 percent – one of the lowest in the province – Altona offers a host of job opportunities for nearly every skill or interest.
From business services, agriculture, manufacturing and construction, to retail, health care and education, Altona’s job base is diverse and exciting. With ever-expanding business, industrial and retail sectors, a great job is always just around the corner.
Local job banks such as the Local Job Shop provide a quick way to browse available opportunities, post your resume and connect with prospective employers.
If you want to continue your education or train for a trade or career before you begin your job search, the Rhineland Regional Alternative Education Centre is there to help. Qualified instructors provide programs for adult learners. Red River College and the University of Manitoba also provide post-secondary distance education courses.
If you are seeking employment in conjunction with the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program, please see the job bank on the SEED website for more information.
Dare to dream. Career opportunities are here for the taking in Altona!
The Town of Altona believes in equal opportunity employment.