The Town of Altona supports the enhancement of a positive quality of life for all its residents. One means of achieving this goal is through the provision of grants to organizations that contribute to the general interest and advantage of the community. The Town also recognizes that supporting volunteer community-based organizations is often fundamental to maintaining this quality of life. This policy has been formulated to foster consistency with the awarding of grants to groups whose benefits and services are enjoyed by the residents of the Town.
Please review the Community Grants Policy. Community Grants Policy
The project, program or services provided by the organization will:
- Enhance the quality of life and well-being of many Altona citizens.
- Benefit the community over a long period of time.
- Improve the environmental sustainability of the community.
- Provide important community support to underserved populations.
- Support recreational and cultural initiatives.
- Have community support (eg. financial or volunteer contributions).
We are no longer accepting 2024 Community Grant applications. Please check back next year or contact us for more details.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact CAO Dan Gagné at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-324-6468